Help end world hunger

Top 5 Songs You Should Listen To...this week at least

Friday, August 31, 2007

My Life, My Love

To be completely honest, after a post like my last one, nothing I have to say about my life seems important even to me. When there is such a need in this world and so many hurting to find love; I am more than blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

"We are only asked to love, to offer hope to the many hopeless. We don't get to choose all the endings, but we are asked to play the rescuers. We won't solve all mysteries and our hearts will certainly break in such a vulnerable life, but it is the best way. We were made to be lovers bold in broken places, pouring ourselves out again and again until we're called home."

Life does not and will not ever get "easy" for anyone. It is a continual battle where the only true offensive is to open your heart and love. It is so easy to forget on a daily basis the immensity of this world and those that inhabit it. Nobody's life is less interesting, less complex, less worth living or loving than your own. Like so many others, I too am guilty of complacency and forgetting the true meaning of love and sacrifice. Sure, the little things in life matter but there are too many hopeless and lost souls to limit ourselves to living day by day avoiding doing anything big. What Jamie and others have done with TWLOHA is awe inspiring to say the very least. They have taken the small kindness they showed Renee and ignited the hearts and minds of thousands. This movement of love has the ability to bring life and hope to so many. My request to you? No matter your circumstances in life, please take the time to listen to others. Share your pain, your bliss, your gains and your losses. Share sincerity and love in your daily life and I promise you, hope will follow.

No comments: