Help end world hunger

Top 5 Songs You Should Listen To...this week at least

Monday, September 17, 2007

I Think I Got It

Monday Monday Mondaaaaay

Such a ridiculous day if you think about it. Rather than the beginning of a new week, I see it more as signifying the end of my past week. And the accompanying freedom that is the weekend. I must say, I had a pretty splendid weekend. Drove to Chicago Friday after work. And when I say Chicago, I mean Chicago. I took my little Iowa plated Cobalt right through downtown, across Michigan Avenue, up Lake Shore Drive and straight through the heart of IlliNOISE. I must say, Sufjan Stevens' said album provided the PERFECT soundtrack for the drive in. Some good people, good eating and good atmosphere all equaled one good time. Say hello to Douglas. Kate's abnormally disproportioned cat. He certainly helped make the trip.

Although this was way back on last Thursday night, I have to take a moment to say how much I loved the movie Cashback. Another non-disappointing recommendation from Mr. Dan Holcomb. If I had to summarize my thoughts and feelings concerning this movie into two sentences, here is what I would say. It reminded me of what movies should feel like to watch. It made me wish once again that I
a.) was an artist and b.) had a British accent.
Regardless, please do yourself a favor and watch it. Seems relatively hard to find in movie stores but do what you can.

Here comes Monday...

No comments: